Tuesday, January 12, 2010

On my way...

hi everyone!

im on my layover in seoul right now killing some time, waiting for kyle to visit so we can go adventure in korea!

next stop is bangkok, thailand where i will spend the night, then off to surat thani where ill be living for the next year, sooo crazy to say that!

my first flight was the longest of the three, 14 hours, but surprisingly comfortable. I sat next to a young asian man who didnt say one thing to me and i slept for the most of the ride. i got two meals which came on these super cute red and white trays and all of the food was in these little square bowls. i drank coffee out of the cutest little red mug. after i woke up, i watched butch kassidy and the sundance kid one of my faves!

i feel like I have been saying goodbye to everyone for the past month so when it came down to actually saying bye to people for the last time, it was so surreal. we all will just have to be dilligent and keep each other posted...looks like im doing pretty good so far :) ha.
i will post pictures to document soon, i promise!

love you all!
-----------------------------------------------

part deux...

i met up with kyle, we took the subway into part of the city and i saw the sights...


seoul, south korea
more seoul
kyle eating his favorite snack
stopped for a quick bite

we had nice afternoon and a good deal of culture shock set in as we walked around, dont worry though- I loved it!  we said our goodbyes back at the airport and i made my way to bangkok.  the flight seemed abnormally longer than the 6 hours but i sat next to a very attractive man who claimed he was a hungarian model.  thanks to my family instilling a great deal of fear in me about all sorts of strangers, i did not believe a word he said but casually chatted him up about living in bangkok.  when we finally arrived at the airport, i made my way to customs and the warm stuffy air hit me while i stood in line waiting to get my passport stamped.  i got a ride to the hotel and finally slept in a bed! miraculous!

i am on my way to suratthani, the town I will be living in for the next year! i can hardly believe its finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment